PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for an International Ecommerce Marketing Manager. Founded in 1938, Columbia Sportswear has grown from a small family-owned hat distributorship to one of the world’s largest outerwear brands and the leading seller of skiwear in the United States.
In 2007, the company reported record net sales of nearly $1.36 billion. (I assume it’s more now.) Columbia’s product line includes a wide variety of outerwear, sportswear, rugged footwear and accessories. Columbia is renowned for developing innovative products that are comfortable, protective, functional, stylish and offer great value.
General Position Summary:
General Position Summary:
The EU & Canada Ecommerce Marketing Manager will develop, recommend, and execute marketing programs to acquire new customers while achieving ROI goals across Columbia Sportswear and SOREL in international markets including EU and Canada. This position is accountable for recommending investment strategy and optimizing media mix for a multi-million dollar budget, spanning multiple brands and regions.
In this role, you will directly manage several digital agencies, and that will require close collaboration with development, site marketing, merchandising, and brand marketing teams. This position reports to the Global Database and Ecommerce Marketing Director, based in the US Headquarters office. This position will also reside in the US Headquarters office.
To say that this is an epic opportunity for personal and professional growth would be an understatement. Plus the money is solid, and Portland is a hoot.
- Recommend the acquisition strategy across all channels including opportunity analysis, revenue targets, prioritization and budget management.
- Plan, execute and measure PPC, SEM, SEO, affiliate, feed, and retargeting campaigns.
- Monitor campaign performance and recommend strategies for expansion/optimization across all channels.
- Perform analysis of media spend and advertising channels to optimize media mix for maximum reach and ROI.
- Develop plans and strategies for testing new revenue opportunities.
- Source, manage and lead several digital agencies. Challenge agencies to achieve business results.
- Advise and be the voice of acquisition marketing in meetings regarding site creative, merchandising and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance required
- 5-8 years of proven track-record of developing and growing profitable online marketing programs via SEO, SEM, Affiliates, Comparison Shopping Engines, Mobile and Display channels in international markets, specifically within EU and Canada
- Experience with web analytical tools such as Omniture and Google Analytics, and bidding platforms such as Kenshoo
- Must be analytical, and comfortable working with dataExperience managing outside agency resourcesExperience in a B2C, multi-channel retail environment, apparel a plus
- Strong interpersonal communications skills. The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Requires previous experience with managing large scale acquisition channels for a multi-channel retailer. This is a highly visible role, responsible for driving sales for ecommerce.
- Requires a strong attention to detail and proficiency with technical tools and systems.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively integrate with key stakeholders across the company and various business units.
- A knowledge & passion for commerce/shopping trends and delivering a best-in-class user experience to our consumers. This position will serve as the voice of the consumer across various groups.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Harry for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)