PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for an Ecommerce Web Analytics Specialist. Founded in 1938, Columbia Sportswear has grown from a small family-owned hat distributorship to one of the world’s largest outerwear brands and the leading seller of skiwear in the United States.
In 2007, the company reported record net sales of nearly $1.36 billion. (I assume it’s more now.) Columbia’s product line includes a wide variety of outerwear, sportswear, rugged footwear and accessories. Columbia is renowned for developing innovative products that are comfortable, protective, functional, stylish and offer great value.
General Position Summary:
General Position Summary:
The Ecommerce Web Analytics Specialist is responsible for managing the analytic needs of the Columbia brands: Columbia Sportswear, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear, and Montrail, ecommerce domestic and international ecommerce and marketing sites by analyzing web traffic using web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst & Google Analytics).
This role will be the lead for discovering, analyzing and presenting core insights from web data to recommend, create and execute site tagging strategy and analysis that drive fundamental improvements to customers’ online experiences. This position will also work closely with the site marketing specialist, ecommerce development and production teams as well as web analytics vendor to identify gaps in data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements. This position reports to the Global Database and Ecommerce Marketing Director.
To say that this is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth would be an understatement. Plus the money is solid, and Portland is a hoot.
- Work closely with Director to oversee and recommend all key analytical projects. Proactively engaging with cross-functional teams to assess existing and upcoming business needs.
- Prepare and maintain website performance and visitor engagement dashboard reporting.
- Measure impact of changes to the sites such as site enhancements, redesigns, content updates and online testing.
- Administer web analytics tools (Adobe Site Catalyst and Google Analytics), including variables, report suites, users and manage vendor relationships.
- Periodic data validation on data collection variables and collaborate with web analytics vendor and development team to make tagging updates and changes.
- Interact directly with multiple departments and teams including Brand and Ecommerce Marketing, Merchandising, Production, Creative and Development and Finance to identify key analyses that deliver valuable business insight and areas of opportunity.
- Assist managers and teams throughout the company to understand the power and value of an analytical approach to decision-making, and provide them with the insights that contribute to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Design and deliver training sessions for new users; and provide knowledge, experience, and analytical support.
Collaborate with the following internal teams on a regular basis:
- Finance – Site KPI reporting, ROI metrics
- Acquisition/Email/Brand Marketing – Campaign tracking & reporting, tagging strategy and requirements and custom report builds
- Merchandising and Production – Category and Product page tagging and QA, reporting and web analytics tool guidance
- Development – Site tagging direction and QA, data audits
- Creative – Adhoc reporting requests, web analytics tool training
- External Vendor – Account management, web analytics strategy, partner with to identify and fix technical and tool issues
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned
Specific Job Skills:
Specific Job Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written and data presentation skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Demonstrated project management skills, business process redesign principles, tools and techniques a plus.
- A knowledge & passion for commerce/shopping trends and delivering a best-in-class user experience to our consumers. This position will serve as the voice of the consumer across various groups.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
- BA/BS in Marketing, Economics, Computer Science, or other analytical field required
- 3-5 years Ecommerce marketing experience, within a fast paced, data centric, analytically driven environment.
- 3-5 years of experience with Adobe Site Catalyst/Omniture web analytics required.
- 2+ years of experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys and market research.
- Expert level experience with Excel (pivot tables, complex formulas, statistical analysis)
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Amy for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)