PORTLAND, OR – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Columbia Sportswear in their search for a Sr. Site Manager, Ecommerce. Founded in 1938, Columbia Sportswear has grown from a small family-owned hat distributorship to one of the world’s largest outerwear brands and the leading seller of skiwear in the United States.
In 2007, the company reported record net sales of nearly $1.36 billion. (I assume it’s more now.) Columbia’s product line includes a wide variety of outerwear, sportswear, rugged footwear and accessories. Columbia is renowned for developing innovative products that are comfortable, protective, functional, stylish and offer great value.
General Position Summary:
General Position Summary:
The Sr. Site Manager leads a team of producers and project managers that are accountable for the delivery of new and optimized features for Columbia Sportswear Company’s digital touch points. These project managers and producers guide the creation of new capabilities, improve performance, improve usability, and optimize Columbia Sportswear Company’s website and mobile offerings.
This position will collaborate with senior leadership and cross-divisional partners in the planning and implementation of projects and enhancements to attain Columbia Sportswear Company’s business goals. This role will be responsible for driving significant growth in Columbia Sportswear Company’s consumer websites by conceiving, prioritizing, and executing development projects that ensure the highest levels of satisfaction among our customers. This team will monitor user feedback and industry trends, collect requirements, coordinate and refine technical and UI designs, and deliver high-quality projects on-time.
- Maximize site performance and enhance the consumer online shopping experience on all Columbia Sportswear Company’s websites by leading and overseeing the planning, scheduling, deployment, execution, and maintenance of all site content and project launches.
- Oversee the management and timely deployment of all e-marketing and merchandising campaign content on the web site.
- Participate in the development and prioritization of site experience changes and updates, utilizing site analytics tools and other performance data.
- Oversee the development, maintenance and communication of site update schedules and processes.
- Direct and hold a team of project managers accountable for on-time, on-budget deliverables that meet quality standards and business strategies.
- Work independently to develop creative solutions to challenges with multiple projects and cross-department resources.
- Maintain operational excellence while being a central piece to the successful ongoing operation, presence, and effectiveness of the website while enhancing the customer’s shopping experience.
- Develop and oversee an effective planning, QA, and change deployment process for content across the website
- Review site documentation (creative briefs, project plans, test plans, etc.) to plan and prioritize projects that will be launched on the site and managed by the project management team.
- Interact daily with an internal staff of Web Designers, Merchandisers, Web Marketers, and Web Developers to coordinate all site and e-marketing campaigns.
- Ensure consistent branding, image and content delivery across the websites.
- Oversee the coordination of site launches and/or traffic-driving events with the development team.
- Coach, guide and develop direct reports and create an environment where employees are encouraged to perform at their potential
- Build cross-functional partnerships with key functions such as production, brand creative, merchandising, customer contact center, and IS, to ensure smooth and efficient processes.
- Conduct usability testing to balance business goals and objectives with customer experience.
- Act as the primary customer advocate, ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Generate ideas for improving engagement and satisfaction with the site based on analysis of customer feedback.
- Evaluate critique and contribute to information design and content organization.
- Prepare and distribute website performance reports weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly.
- Participate in reporting, planning and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business administration, marketing or related field.
- 6+ years managing a portfolio of eCommerce projects that contains technical and creative requirements.
- 4+ years building and leading teams.
- Strong experience with the management of multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience and measurable results in continuous process improvement.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Allan Seibert. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Allan for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)