COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – With more than 200 digital commerce searches each year, EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading contingency-based executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To opt-in to our popular “Ecommerce Job of the Day” email, click here. (Simply unsubscribe at the end of your job search.)
We are working with Deluxe Corp in their search for an Ecommerce Site Optimization Manager to be based in their Colorado Springs facility. You can feel the energy at the Deluxe family of companies. The creative environment and the sense of possibility are what you’d expect at a start-up, yet Deluxe offers all the resources and strength of a well established, publicly traded company.
Plus there’s an employee garden right on campus!
Deluxe has locations across the United States, Canada and Ireland, and the company serves nearly four million small businesses, more than 6,400 financial services companies, and nine million individual consumers.
FUN FACT: Deluxe.com is among the top 5% of websites in terms of traffic.
The Direct to Consumer business of Deluxe Corporation, Direct Checks Unlimited, is the nation’s top direct-check manufacturer. Established in 1986 as the first major direct mail check printer, Deluxe offered exceptional value on high-quality checks. According to Deluxe, “By maintaining a clear focus on paper checks, Deluxe has grown over the years according to market trends and customer needs.” Translation: Deluxe used its check business as a beachhead to cross-sell millions of small biz clients new products and services while never losing site of its core annuity-like check business. Smart.
Now check out the following Deluxe TV ad. Remember how IBM famously pivoted their business in the 1990s from low margin items like personal printers and hard drives to IT integration and management consulting?
Well, Deluxe is involved in a similar transition in the small business arena. Today, in addition to paper check and form printing, Deluxe offers integrated marketing services like web design, web hosting, email marketing and more to millions of small businesses. It’s not hard to understand why Deluxe’s CEO is very bullish on the firm’s digital business.
According to Magna, the US advertising and marketing services industry includes about 37,000 companies with combined annual revenue of about $94 billion. Demand for advertising and marketing services comes largely from businesses that sell consumer products, entertainment, financial services, technology, and telecommunications.
The profitability of individual companies depends on creative skills and maintaining client relationships. Large companies benefit from being able to serve the varied needs of major customers. Small companies can compete by focusing on niche markets or by offering lower pricing. The industry is fragmented: the top 50 companies generate about one-third of revenue. This fragmentation bodes very well for publicly traded, well-integrated providers like Deluxe.
About the Role:
The Site Optimization Manager will execute Deluxe’s ebusiness strategy by improving conversion rates, reducing bounce rates, and driving online revenues. Additionally, s/he will act as the principal guide for the growth, profitability, and innovation of all Deluxe sites. By working with Deluxe’s Web Analytics, Customer Experience and Product / Service Managers, key results levers will include Online advertising; Onsite and offsite content management; Customer interaction, promotions and performance reporting; and the Identification, evaluation and prioritization of site improvements.
- Establish and maintain the roadmap for each web property to ensure revenue objectives are met and share vision with one direct report.
- Meet online revenue objectives.
- Maximize value of marketing expense dollars, programs, and tests to determine profitable promotional direction by evaluating pre and post analyses, life time value model criteria, and other required analyses and working with other departments and vendors to ensure successful in-house execution.
- Liaise with IT to ensure implementation of roadmap.
- Manage the overall online brand identity for various Deluxe Direct to Consumer eBusiness properties.
- Liaise with Integrated Program Managers to develop and execute a wide range of online marketing initiatives, including site content optimization, positive impact to customer lifetime value and conversion improvement initiatives.
- Support the demand generation e-commerce initiatives including lead capture programs, e-mail marketing, affiliate, SEO/SEM campaign development, online advertising and promotions. maximizing the online customer experience and converting within revenue targets
- Provide creative and strategic input as part of a dynamic team of eBusiness professionals
- Provide a central point of contact for all eBusiness and eMarketing initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, distribute and execute best practices for all eBusiness properties
- Provide the Executive Team and other appropriate stakeholders with monthly reporting summaries
- Investigate, recommend and implement new enhancements that can increase revenue, brand awareness and improve overall customer experience by analyzing the resultes of ongoning efforts
- Identify new eBusiness trends and opportunities
- Manage third party vendors as necessary
- Work with Web Analytics and Customer Experience teams to maximize revenue and conversions of every visitor
- Bachelors or equivalent in Marketing, Business, Communications
- 5-7 years in extensive online and internet marketing experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of the US and/or Canadian eCommerce markets
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Coremetrics and other web analytics tools and metrics
- Significant experience with online marketing strategies, including demand generation marketing, site conversion analysis, user experience improvements, as well as experience with traditional advertising methods including direct mail, and print. Mobile marketing experience a plus
- Proven project and people management skills and the ability to track and lead multiple simultaneous projects
- Advanced knowledge of various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with P&L reviews, customer acquisition models and maximizing online revenue and ROI
- HTML and programming language knowledge an asset, but not required.
- 1-2 years people management experience
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Amy Branch. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to email Amy for a packet of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get our latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)