KETCHUM, ID – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, follow EcommerceJobs on Twitter. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here. To like us on FB, please click here.
We are working with SCOTTEVEST in their search for a Senior Controller. SCOTTEVEST, Inc. is the world's most innovative travel and every-day clothing company based in Ketchum, Idaho. Recently listed on "Internet Retailer" as one of the fastest growing private companies in America, SCOTTEVEST has seen 100% year-over-year growth for the past 2 years.
The Senior Controller will be responsible for managing the entire accounting function for SCOTTEVEST, Inc. This will include responsibility for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, financial statements, job costing, budgeting, forecasting, and banking relationships.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and/or execute the day-to-day accounting functions including A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Payroll, and ensure these functions are timely, accurate, consistent, and efficient.
- Prepare all financial reports including monthly financial statements, monthly reporting packages and dashboard reports as needed.
- Prepare and/or review all General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Manage all external audits and/or reviews.
- Prepare all budgets and forecasts, including cash flow forecasts.
- Create financial management processes and reporting tools that are efficient, accurate, and scalable as the company grows.
- Provide Ad Hoc reports and commercial analysis on business functions and metrics as necessary.
- Manage operating budgets, anticipate expenses out of alignment, and perform financial analysis and prioritization of expenditures relating to the company's growth.
- Establish and implement short and long term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Oversee compensation including the management of the 401K plan, payroll processing vendors, and state/federal compliance.
- Assist with management of our ERP system, NetSuite.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Assist in financial planning for office space, equipment, furniture and all aspects of readying productive space for new employees
- Manage and establish all expense reporting and reconciliation in line with the policies of the company.
- Manage the company's banking relationships and processes.
- BA or BS in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of accounting experience with at least 3 years as a Controller.
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, analytical and communication skills.
- Solid working knowledge of retail sales, distribution, contract manufacturing, internet sales, and international sales.
- Experience with ERP systems, NetSuite a plus.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving environment and willing to wear many hats.
- Strong creative problem solver with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, email Harry Joiner. Due to the intensely competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)