COLUMBUS, GA – EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the DMA, NEMOA, SEMPO, Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To get our jobs by email the minute they’re posted, click here. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are working with Aflac in their search for an Ecommerce Senior Web Producer based in Columbus, GA.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products and one of America’s best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America and by Fortune as one of America’s Most Admired Companies. I’m kinda digging the pigeon …
HARRY’S COMMENTS: This is a really interesting, high-visibility role reporting to James Wisdom, who has been a star everywhere he has worked, and Aflac is no exception. If you want to work for a great guy, here’s your chance.
Now candidates, please pay attention because this pitch has a few moving parts:
Aflac’s business model allows it to market supplemental insurance to the employees of nearly six million American businesses. You’ve seen the Aflac duck and you’ve heard the pitch: “If you get hurt and can’t work, Aflac will pay you cash fast to help you pay your bills while you’re laid up.” Great idea, right? Because your medical insurance will only pay your doctor’s bills, while your family still needs groceries, mortgage, etc.
Aflac’s insurance is sold to these employees by independent Aflac reps with the blessing of the host employer’s HR departments and benefits admistrators, all of whom are bought into Aflac’s value proposition: Employers like to see their employees buy supplemental insurance through Aflac because it’s a valuable benefit which is actually employee funded.
Aflac’s marketing challenge is to appeal to all of these parties, and one of the way it’s doing that is by offering host companies private-labeled microsites and custom marketing campaigns that allow Aflac and its independent reps to market Aflac’s products directly to host company employees. The actual enrollment can take place on the microsite, in person, or by phone if the employee wishes.
This isn’t as complicated as it sounds. In fact, the strategy is becoming more and more common. As an example, last year, magazine affiliate Tradepub designed a special webpage for EcommerceJobs.com that allowed my readers to sign up for magazines on a page that looked like my site. Check it out.
Aflac’s microsites sites are even richer in information and functionality. A visit to Aflac.com should give you a good idea of the creative online marketing that is being used to drive their business. There’s a lot to know about any kind of insurance – and each site should help its users figure out which policy best suits their needs.
In 2010, this aggressive new initiative generated very strong results ($MMs) with a handful of sites. They’d launch more if they had the right person to drive the program and manage each individual marketing campaign – with contests, buzz, and excitement.
You can see the “official” job posting below, but if you want to know what it’s going to take to succeed in the role, you’ll need to be …
- Business-oriented – in order to sell the value of each private-label site to Aflac’s internal and external stakeholders. This person needs to help all parties see the hard and soft value of each site to maximize stakeholder buy-in.
- Literate in all areas of transactional ecommerce – to understand how to drive traffic, improve the average order value, and improve the conversion rate of each private label site. Remember, the name of the game is driving enrollments, and to do that online you’ll need to think like an online retailer.
- Politically savvy – in order to use every stakeholder’s hot buttons to get the best out of them.
- A conversion/results-focused multichannel perspective – a clear understanding and ability to see the marketing communications lifecycle, where, given a set of variables, a timeframe, and a set of tools; the ability to craft, in partnership with others, an end-to-end campaign to drive sales. Relevant marketing methods might include email marketing; Video marketing; Interactive Product/Service Finders; Social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn); Mobile; and more.
Please Tweet this job, and you’ll be automatically entered into our monthly drawing. Just do it and see what happens: 2010 prizes included $100 Amazon gift certs, Dean & Deluca steaks, and Keurig coffee machines …
- Helps to lead the initiative to maximize Aflac’s sales in online channels by utilizing a balanced mix of marketing creativity, deep ecommerce industry knowledge, IT and agency collaboration; directive of this position is to be to convert potential policyholders to policyholders through application of ecommerce best practices, project leadership, measurement tools and analysis, strategic understanding and tactical know-how; ensures that every opportunity is maximized to the fullest to ensure objectives are met
- Partners with outside agencies and internal stakeholders to effectively translate Aflac’s online vision; monitors work to ensure consistency and quality with respect to the Aflac brand and ensures alignment with the strategic goals of the organization; works closely on the development of innovative and relevant content to drive sales; works with various levels of management (including executive management) in the planning, development, and implementation of these websites
- Partners with Aflac stakeholders and Information Technology in matters including, but not limited to, web site content, user experience, optimization, measurement and functionality, ongoing and upcoming projects to ensure established goals are met.
- Strives to meet and exceed expectations of initiatives and projects; ensures the success of projects by coordinating system and process enhancements and communicating them to the business units or other affected departments; coordinates the scheduling of multiple projects simultaneously
- Completes analysis on web analytics; reports on the results/impacts and offers recommendations when needed on how to improve specific areas where a deficiency is present
- Coordinates the evaluation and selection of agencies as well as provides input into the negotiation of purchase contracts or service level agreements and scopes of work
- Participates in peer reviews and other related meetings to support the corporate business strategy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising and four + years of progressively responsible work-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four + years of proven Ecommerce marketing experience (insurance or financial industry preferred)
- Three years of successful relevant project management
- Two years experience using Web-content management systems
- E-Commerce: Advanced
- Internet Marketing: Advanced
- Knowledge of Internet usability and standards: Advanced
Project Management: Advanced
Web Analytics: Intermediate
- Knowledge of Web architecture: Intermediate
Search Engine Marketing/Search Engine Optimization: Intermediate
- Microsoft Word: Intermediate
Microsoft Excel: Intermediate
Microsoft PowerPoint: Intermediate
- HTML: Intermediate
- Adobe Photoshop and photo imaging: Intermediate
- Video Editing, Online Streaming and Compression: Intermediate
This role will pay $75-80K/base. To see how far that kind of money will go in Columbus, click here. Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. To add your resume to our confidential database, click here.
Get my latest searches. (Opt out anytime.)