EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs.
UPDATE: This position has been closed. Click HERE to see a list of our current openings. To subscribe to our searches, click HERE.
We are currently working with a leading provider of end-to-end e-commerce services in their search for a VP, Business Development based HOME BASED or in Dallas, TX.
Grow revenue by managing and closing new sales originating from his or her individual business development efforts.
The VP of Business Development is responsible for generating new sales via his or her individual business development efforts.
Description of Duties:
- Develop sales leads and prospects via cold calling, business referrals, networking, personal contacts or other means.
- Pursue potential prospects and uncover opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with IR Top 500 accounts.
- Conduct Needs Analysis with prospects and develop solutions/proposal and presentations to address their needs.
- Prepare and manage RFP responses and sales activities for prospects.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Prepare pricing analysis and rationales. Conduct negotiations to close deals.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analysis.
- Uses Salesforce.com religiously to record contact information, manage new opportunities and create sales reports.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel required.
- 10 to 15 years of sales or business development experience with an e-commerce solutions provider.
- Demonstrated understanding of e-commerce platforms and/or fulfillment services
- Excellent communications skills on the phone, in person and in writing.
- He/she should have a rolodex of industry contacts to network with to support Business Development efforts.
- He/she should be an excellent networker and possess significant relationships with e-commerce decision makers in the IR500.
- Ability to create compelling sales pitches, proposals and other communications.
- Credibility to work well with partners and associates, and viewed as a trusted advisor by prospects.
- Personal style and engagement manner to represent COMPANY to prospects and at industry events, trade shows, and sales meetings.
- Self-starter and self-doer who can multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with partners or channel relationships helpful.
- Willingness and ability to be hands-on.
- He or she should possess excellent presentation, negotiation and closing skills.
- He/she should be a great listener and communicator with extraordinary follow-thru and follow-up.
- He/she should be self-confident, easy to work with and have a high energy level.
Applications for this position are being coordinated by Harry Joiner. To apply, CLICK HERE. Candidates, please be sure to ask Harry for packet #1222 of market research and company / competitive intel that will differentiate you in your candidacy. Due to the competitive nature of this search, thorough preparation for these interviews with this proprietary material is strongly recommended.