EcommerceRecruiter.com is the leading executive search firm serving the Shop.org, Ad:Tech, and IR-500 communities. To subscribe to our searches, click here. Alternatively, visit our Twitter feed at http://twitter.com/ecommercejobs. And while you’re at it, please join our 3000-member LinkedIn group, EcommerceJobs.com.
We are working with Jewelry Television in their search for a Director of Online Merchandising and Marketing based in Knoxville, TN (small enough to be manageable but big enough to support a cultural scene that includes museums, performances, and events on the University of Tennessee campus).
Jewelry Television is the largest retailer of loose gemstones in the world. Founded in 1993 as America’s Collectibles Network, JTV sold coins, knives, sports cards, quilts, jewelry, gemstones, and other collectible items.
In 2000, JTV became the first network to focus primarily on jewelry and gemstone sales. Product offerings now include fine jewelry, loose gemstones, watches, castings, jewelry-making tools and related instructional materials, collectibles and gemstone-based skin care. America’s Collectibles Network, Inc. is the company behind Jewelry Television. It operates this business under several other trademarks, such at JTV and ACN.
This position is a member of the E- commerce leadership team, driving strategies in online marketing and merchandising that drive incremental sales and new customers. The Director of E-commerce Marketing will think and act both strategically and tactically to deliver a world-class customer experience.
This position works collaboratively with cross functional counterparts to manage the current business, react to trends, and plan future business direction. He/she should be innovative, team oriented, and an effective communicator, as well as have a desire to participate in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Provides overall management of online merchandising and promotional efforts.
- Work with buyers and analysts to build financial plans for web only product lines.
- Drive a product and merchant focus within the E-commerce organization.
- Identify and fill gaps in the online assortment that is complimentary and incremental to the business.
- Develop new, incremental categories of business such as a competitive engagement program.
- Work with the Gemstone Merchant Team to solidify our leadership in the loose gemstone industry through merchandising strategy, content, and media.
- Help develop a strategy to take a strong position in the jewelry making (hobby industry) that is price competitive, yet delivers a best in class project and content focus.
- Oversee online marketing – budget, ROI justification and team management – search, SEO, Affiliate, Media Buys, and Email.
- Create a segmentation strategy for email that maximizes lifecycle of JTV customers – increase 2nd order rate, grow email database.
- Participate in cross-functional teams (technology and operations) to move more of our online business to a virtualized inventory model.
- Drive overall promotional messaging and creative onsite and through email.
- Work with the E-Commerce Business Intelligence group to improve site performance visibility.
- Manages the team focused on customer experience and is the subject matter expert for business tools to support JTV sites.
- Set, document, and uphold all department standards and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- College degree (MBA a plus).
- 3+ years experience in web environment; 3-5 years experience in retail operations capacity, preferably with a multi-channel retailer (with management experience).
- Deep knowledge of ecommerce operations and thorough familiarity with the online space.
- Experience designing online customer experiences.
- Demonstrated competencies in e-commerce technology, supply chain, fulfillment and call center functions.
- Proven experience in creating effective teamwork and an environment conducive to developing cross-functional collaboration